5 simple hacks how to deal with stress
06 Oct 2022Updated: 4 hours ago | people are reading
© Maaike Oude Geerdink 5 simple hacks on how to deal with stress
Figuring out how to deal with stress is a process that everyone goes through once in their life. Finding a strategy that works for you can be tricky, so a few hacks in a row that might help you.
Too strict for yourself
It's easy to hard to be for yourself when you experience fear. Think "I need to be able to handle this", "I shouldn't be upset" or "I'm not good enough" are common beliefs that haunt many people's minds. If you find that you are not so good at dealing with the situation right now, which is more than logical, try seeking emotional support. Also, the five strategies below may help you deal with stress.
Read also: 9 things that are very normal to feel right now
1. Develop a self-care routine Self-care goes way beyond hot chocolate and bubble baths. It's also about developing an everyday routine that will make you feel more comfortable. Think of moving, painting, puzzling or calling your best friend every day. Whatever it is, set your priorities every day to slightly reduce your anxiety level.
2. Stay in touch with people
Whether you spend your time with roommates, your partner or virtually, stay in touch with the people you care about. They can keep you stable, during the less stable moments in your life.
3. Try to accept what is happening
You can feel extremely powerless if you feel you have lost control. An important first step is to try to let go of the things you cannot control. You don't have to do as long as it doesn't happen at all, that denial can actually increase your stress level. But accept that you can't always be in control and that you don't have to be afraid of that.
4. Look at it from a different perspective.
It may take some time to notice the "benefits" of your fear (s), but try shifting your focus. Listen to your feelings and try to understand why it is there. This way you may be able to answer your need. Are you unable to shift your focus? No worries! Just because something doesn't work right away doesn't mean you don't reap the benefits. Practice makes perfect!
5. Find some humor in your day According to a study from the journal BioPsychoSocial Medicine, laughing or even hearing someone laugh can ease your own stress. Whether it's watching your favorite vlog, TikTok videos or anything else, something frivolous in your life can help keep your fear at bay.