How do you maintain your flow?
06 Mar 2021Updated: 4 hours ago | people are reading
© Shutterstock 7 tips to get and stay in your flow
Are you comfortable in your flow? 'Being in the flow' what does that actually mean and how do you do it? The term 'flow' was first used in the 1970s by psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihaly. Flow is a state of being in which you are so involved in an activity that you forget the rest around you. Many creatives such as artists, designers, writers, but also other mind-blowing professions such as engineers, researchers, psychologists require a lot of concentration in order to continue to 'flow', also known as 'flows'.
How to get in your flow and more importantly, how do you maintain this state of being?
Researcher Owen Schaffer has established a number of conditions that you must meet in order to get and stay in your flow with a certain activity: < / p>
1. Your task should be clear.
2. You need to know how to perform your task.
3. You need to know how good you are at this and be confident.
4. You need to know where to go.
5. It must be a challenge for you.
6. It should require expertise from you.
7. You have to be free from distractions.
Want to flow more? then this is definitely feasible with these tips!