See: a virtual tour in 10 European museums
07 Aug 2020Updated: 4 hours ago | people are reading
© Maaike Oude Geerdink See: a virtual tour in 10 European museums
You may be sitting at home, but this does not necessarily mean that you cannot 'explore' places. Put on your comfy outfit and sit back on the couch, because there are ten popular museums and art galleries in Europe to see from your living room. search engine for holiday homes, has done research. And they have found ten museums in Europe that you can visit from home. Why? So that you combat claustrophobic traits and you feel less 'locked up'. Curious which museums are participating? Then scroll down quickly.
Read also: You can expect these films on Netflix in April
Top 10 museums
1. Le musée du Louvre - Paris
Now that we can all use a little more love and cheerfulness, start your online journey in the city of love. The museums in Paris are extremely popular. The Louvre is the largest art and antique museum in the world. Think of world famous pieces such as the Mona Lisa or the Victory of Samothrace. Click "here" to take a look.
2. The State Hermitage Museum - Saint Petersburg For almost two centuries, this has been the imperial capital of Russia and also home to the largest museum in the world in terms of exhibits. The museum contains more than three million works of art and artifacts from world culture. View them virtually via their online platform, click "here".
3. British Museum - London Dive into history with the resources offered by the British Museum. Did you know that this museum is even older than the United States? The museum contains one of the most important collections in the world and illustrates the evolution of man from the beginning to the present. Scroll through the ages and discover art, history, religion, conflict and more. Click "here".
4. Rijksmuseum - Amsterdam Even if you have been there once, it is still worth taking a look online. The Rijksmuseum is an important museum in our country. Dedicated to the fine art, craft and history of the country. Take a look "here".
5. Musée d'Orsay - Paris A museum that holds the largest collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works in the world. From oil paintings and works on canvas, to themes around Impressionism and French history. Click "here" for a virtual tour.
6. Musei Vaticani - Vatican City
Located in Vatican City, a city-state in the heart of the Italian capital Rome, the Vatican Museums is home to a large collection of public art and sculpture. Collected by the Roman Catholic Church over the centuries. Curious? Click "here".
7. Musée d'art moderne de la Ville de Paris - Paris Again a pearl that can be found in the city of love. The museum, MAM Paris for short, has a collection of modern and contemporary art from the 20th and 21st centuries. Take a virtual look, click "here".
8. Tate Britain - LondonExpect a virtual tour of the museum's galleries, featuring a chronological representation of the greatest British artists of all time. Click "here" to admire the collection.
9. Van Gogh Museum - Amsterdam
Back to our own beautiful country. Visit the art museum named after one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. Vincent van Gogh! The museum has a great online section, which gives you access to resources such as van Gogh's life and works. Click "here".
10. Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía - MadridTravel to the beautiful capital of Spain. The Museo Reina Sofía is the national museum of modern art of Spain in the 20th century, named after and dedicated to Queen Sofía. Click "here" to start your visual and audio tour.